Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Week 1!

Hello!

So, how is my group doing the first week of the challenge? Are you feeling the burn? Don't worry, that pain you feel right now is the beginning of progress. You have to go through this to get through to your results. It will be worth it, I promise. Stick with it, don't give up. The first few weeks of Insanity are notorious for putting on weight, so don't fret if you see the scale move up a little. It's water weight from your muscles changing and growing. Month 2 you'll start losing that and slim down.

My son's 2nd birthday was this past weekend. My amazing friend, Kayti, was my photographer, and she did a phenomenal job.


Isn't he adorable? We had a lot of fun celebrating together, being with our friends and *gulp* indulging on that cake.


Probably the best cake I've ever had in my entire life. Sorry, grandma.



There's me and the hubs, cheesin' it up for Kayti. Don't mind my epic tan lines going on. I think this is one of the best pics of my husband and I ever. HUGE thank you to my Kayti for this one. She's amazing.


We had so much fun with everyone. I introduced a few friends of mine to quinoa. I tried to have some healthy options at the party. Parties are difficult. I had a lot of Marines there, and let's just say those guys can EAT. We went through a lot of food this weekend, but it was so worth it.

So this week was damage control for the splurging. Not much, just that blasted cake. I made sure we had NO leftovers! This is how we did it:


He had a blast smashing that cake. I don't blame him. The Cookie Monster was make of cookie dough. NO LIE. I'm not a cake fan at all, but yeah....

So to do damage control this week, we've had a lot of good wholesome clean foods for dinner. Tonight, it's slow cooker chicken teriyaki. NOMMY.


Make sure you check in with me on how you're doing with Insanity. Click my facebook page over to the side --------------------->
I update that several times a day!

HarperGirl

1 comment

  1. First of all that cake looks absolutely amazing. Adorable.

    And how stinkin cute is your little boy!? Beautiful blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Rainy Day